Subcategories

12.22.2010

Christmas/Holiday Makeup

Christmas is almost here and what a joy! - Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday.  

I love the holiday cheer, the bringing together of family and friends, but most importantly, it is the celebration of Jesus's birth!  If that's not reason to smile and be merry, than I don't know what is.  My family no longer participates in gift exchanges because we feel it is an attempt to distract us from what the day really means to us - remembering the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  We also feel like it is a Capitalistic ploy! ...but I won't get into that, ha. 

I created my own tradition a few holidays ago, and that tradition is the purchase of  new Christmas toe socks every year!  I can't believe it's December 22, and I haven't bought a pair of toe socks yet.  I must get to Target immediately! 

I also like to decide upon a Christmas makeup look for myself. December 25 is a celebration, and I like to look good for the party.  This year I wanted to do a natural, sultry, sexy look, and I knew that I wanted to wear red lipstick. 

So........this is what I came up with:


How I came up with this look:

I decided that I wanted to do an opulent gold or bronze shade on my lid to give my eyes some sparkle and shine, so I used a M.A.C. pigment in gold.  I used a soft brown shadow in the crease to create a more natural, sultry contour.  I lined my eyes with M.A.C. Powerpoint eyeliner in black. I used Covergirl's LashBlast Fusion Mascara in black. I chose a blush that would give my cheeks a soft splash of color. I lined my lips in M.A.C. Cherry lip liner and used M.A.C. Dubonnet lipstick with a dabble of lip gloss with a silver pearl finish.

The neat thing about this look is that any complexion can wear it and look marvelous!  You can also alternate the shade of red on your lips to create brighter, bolder or more dramatic looks.

No comments: